Please find our booking terms and conditions below for Cycle Britain Ltd.
Making a Booking with Cycle Britain
To make a booking you must complete a booking on the website (www.cycle-britain.co.uk). Your booking is confirmed when you have agreed to our booking conditions (the “Booking Conditions”) and confirmed the booking online. Bookings can also be made by phone and will be confirmed via Cycle Britain by sending a QuickBooks invoice. On paying the invoice you are accepting the terms of conditions. We will let you know when we have received your booking. This is when a contract is formed between you and Cycle Britain wether you book via phone or online.
Transfer of booking by you
If you need to cancel your trip please do so in writing (including email, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org– see our full conditions for details) as soon as possible. Bookings made subject to the conditions below:
- Up until your balance due date*: you will forfeit your deposit. The balance due date is between 15 and 220 days before departure depending on your trip. For tours, over two weeks the balance due date is 220 prior to departure.
- No refund is given after the final balance payment date.
You can transfer any booking to another person, or change a person on the booking, you will need to write to us (including by email) with details, at least seven (7) days before your trip. There will be an administration charge of £ 50 to cover the cost of this transfer or change. The cost of non-refundable items such as clothing will not be made. Bike hire is non-refundable once booked.
Cancellation by us
We only cancel your trip if it would be unsafe to run the cycle tour or due to circumstances beyond our control..
We may also have to cancel your trip if we don’t reach the minimum number of people but will offer an alterntive date.
Please get in touch as soon as possible in the event of a complaint. This will dealt with within 7 day
Detailed Booking Conditions
- Tours and services are provided by Cycle Britain Limited (company number 04776246 ), whose registered office is at Chronicle accountants, 1 Market St, Whaley Bridge, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK2 7AA1BU (The tours and services offered by trading name Cycle Britain”, “Peak outdoor training” are sold subject to the following Booking Conditions:
- Your contract will be with Cycle Britain Limited and these Booking Conditions and our privacy and all documentation that we may send to you form your contract with us (the “Contract”). When booking online you will have agreed with these booking conditions before making a booking with us.
1. How to Make a Booking
1 As a business we take all bookings online using our professional automated booking system using woo commerce. Payments are accepted by BACS transfer and online using card. Bookings can also be made by calling 01925 564281 or texting 07955 022128. For telephone bookings an invocie will be issued following the call outlining key terms and conditions.
2. We will invoice you for the balance of your trip, which you must pay no later than the balance due date displayed. This date will be between 15 and 220 days before departure depending on your trip. Bookings made later than the balance due date are to be paid in full payment.
3. All booking conditions and exact details of the tour are as detailed on our live website at the time of booking. The PDF on the website provides an outline of a typical tour but please note by booking online that clients are confirming that they are booking the tour as outlined live at the time of booking. A joining instruction document will be issued with full details off your time prior to the tour commencing.
2. Cancellation by you
If you wish to cancel your trip, this must be done by the Lead Name passenger, in writing to email@example.com In this event, you will be liable for the following cancellation charges:
Up until your balance due date*: you will forfeit your deposit. The balance due date is between 15 and 220 days before departure depending on your trip. For tours, over two weeks the balance due date is 220 prior to departure. Four tours over 5 days the balance due date is 180 days prior to departure.
We will reply within 24 hours to confirm. Call us on 01925 564281 if you need any further information. Prior to the balance due date the deposit will be lost. After the balance due date the no refund will be made. Any balance unpaid will be due for payment is the event of cancellation.
No refund is given after the final balance payment date.
We recommend that all customers take out the appropriate travel insurance to cover cancellation due to illness.
Bike Hire – Once hired online the terms and conditions are accepted on the booking platform. No refund for bookings is made for Ebike hire.
3. Cancellation by the Company
3.1 We may cancel your trip including in the following circumstances:
- where extraordinary or unavoidable circumstances arise including the impact of Covid 19 on UK travel (events of “Force Majeure”); that shall include – but not be limited to – war, riot, civil or political unrest, terrorism (and their consequences), acts of god, floods, earthquakes and other disasters (including nuclear), fires/explosions, adverse weather conditions, epidemic or pandemic (including risks to health), airport closures or flight cancellations/alterations, industrial disputes, strikes or other industrial action, problems that may arise with transport and governmental decisions and acts (including FCO advice that may result in restrictions to travel); and/or
- in a situation where the minimum number needed to operate one of our trips has not been met. We will advise you of this no later than 1 days prior to departure: and/or
- where you failure to pay your balance by the due date.
3.2 If we cancel your trip prior to the departure date as a result of clauses 3.1(i) or (ii), we will, where possible, offer you an alternative trip. If the replacement trip is of a lower value we will refund the difference in price to you. If this is not acceptable to you, we will refund all payments you have made to us in respect of your trip.
3.3 If we have to cut short your trip after you have departed due to Covid 19, events Force Majeure, then we may make a partial refund of the cost of your trip to you, but only where we are able to obtain refunds from our third party suppliers. In this event, we reserve the right to retain from any refund made to you an amount sufficient enough to cover the costs that we have incurred in relation to organising and administering your trip.
3.4 You should utilise your insurance cover for any loss you suffer before requesting or accepting any refund from us.
4. Transferring a Booking
In the event that you wish to transfer the entire booking to another person or, if any person in a booking is prevented from travelling and you wish to replace them with another person, we will agree to transfer the booking or individual’s place to another person(s) who satisfies all the conditions applicable to that holiday booking, subject to us being notified of such request to transfer by the Lead Name.
In this event, both the Lead Name and the new passengers shall accept joint and several liability for:
(i) full payment of the trip price; and
(ii) our charge for confirming the transfer; and
(iii) any other reasonable additional costs that we may incur arising from the transfer.
In addition, the person(s) who the booking is being transferred to shall agree to these Conditions of Booking and the Contract.
We must be given reasonable notice of the transfer request, which is considered to be at least 7 days prior to the departure date.
5. Your Trip
5.1 In making your booking with us, you accept:
All types of cycling involves some risk and you accept these and that you are responsible for ensuring you wear a cycle helmet, attend with a serviceable bike suitable for the tour booked and have the appropriate clothing. Any additional costs incurred for additional services required due not complying with the above must be met my you.
6. Medical and special requirements
All medical information must be provided prior to attending the tour and it your sole responsibility to ensure you are fit and healthy enough to attend. If you are unsure please speak to our dedicated tour health manager (Alan Little) on 01925 564281
7. Personal Conduct and Behaviour
Everyone should behave in a manner suitable for an inclusive organisation and no sexist, racist, of offensive are appropriate on the tours we offer. Offensive, illegal, threatening or abusive behaviour –or damage to property will not be tolerated and could result in the police being involved. We do not accept offensive or aggressive behaviour or language towards our staff or other passenger. Your booking would be terminated by you if your conduct is considered by us (including, without limitation, our directors, employees, servants and agents) to be inappropriate, likely to cause harm, or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of your neighbours, other members of your group, staff, our agents and/or the general public). In this event, you undertake to indemnify and hold harmless Cycle Britain Limited, its directors, employees, servants and agents and all other passenger on your trip from and against and in respect of any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, costs and expenses (including but not limited to actions, costs and demands for loss or damage direct, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in any way connected with your behaviour.
No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
8. Our liability to you
8.1 We do not exclude or limit our liability if something we do or fail to do causes death or personal injury through our negligence.
8.2 We shall not be held liable for any injury, illness, death, damage, loss (whether direct or indirect and howsoever caused), expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever arising from
(i) the acts or omissions of the person affected or the acts or omissions of any members of the booking; or
(iii) the acts or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of any of the services included in your booking; or
(iii) unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances which are beyond our control, pursuant to clause 3.1(i); or
(iv) the theft of bicycles or injury as a result of cycling either on or off road and, in particular, injuries as a result of either inadequately maintained and/or serviced personal equipment, or failure to wear the correct safety equipment (including cycle helmets.
8.3. We are liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss of any nature caused, or contributed to, by any defect in or failure (whether partial or complete) of any travel services not provided by us, and which we could not reasonably be expected to be responsible for.
8.5 Except for as provided for in clause 10.1 our total liability to you is limited to three times the total basic tour price as shown on the invoice.
8.6 We are not liable for the service provided by hotels, restaurants and/or other venues that we use are not under our direct control. Any complaint or problem with a venue that is not owned by us must be dealt with directly.
The COVID-19 virus is a challenging illness and we accept our responsibility to conform with any government guidance in the UK. We will have no liability for any refunds, compensation, costs, expenses or other losses of any kind incurred by you (including, where applicable, the cost of medical treatment), in the following circumstances:
- If you, or anyone in your booking party, test positive for Covid-19 and have to quarantine for a period of time, or are notified or otherwise become aware that you have, or suspect you may have, come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 (or where they otherwise suspect they may have Covid-19) and have to self-isolate for a period of time.
If this happens within 14 days of your departure date, you must contact us as you may no longer be able to travel. We will offer you the following options where possible and subject to availability:
- The option to postpone your cycling tour to a later date. We will notify you of any impact on the price the postponement may have (please note that you may have to pay full cancellation charges on some elements of your holiday, as well any increase in cost imposed by other suppliers);
- If not everyone on the booking is affected, you will have the right to transfer your place on the cycling tour to another person nominated by you, subject always to the requirements of the “Cancellation or transfer by you” clause.
- Cancelling your cycling tour, in which case we will impose our standard cancellation charges as at the date of cancellation by you. You may be able to claim these costs back from your travel insurance.
If this happens during participation in your cycling tour, please notify us without delay and we will provid reasonable assistance as within the circumstances. We are not responsible for covering the cost of any cutting short of your holiday, missed transport arrangements, additional accommodation required, or other associated costs incurred by you. You are to have travel insurance which covers these costs for you.
(iii) You also acknowledge that the suppliers providing your cycling tour, hotels and, will need to comply with UK lwas and guidance relating to Covid-19.
9.1. Any complaints regarding the trip should to Alan Little (Director of Peak Outdoor Training Ltd) by phone on 01925 564281 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
9.2. If you do make claim against us, you agree to assist us by, at the earliest opportunity and where applicable by, providing us with details, in writing, of your loss and the circumstances which led to it; and providing us with formal reports and/or documents, such as a police or doctor’s report; and fully co-operating with us if we, or our insurers, require further information
In the event of a difficulty or emergency, we will:
(i) provide you with appropriate information on national health service and help you with travel arrangements.
We may charge you a fee for assisting you when the difficulty if this requires more than two hours work by our team
11. Safety and Security
11.1. Your personal belongings are your own responsibility during your trip with us and you agreeto follow any safety advice provided to you including wearing a cycle helmet when cycling.
12 Data Protection
All personal data provided to us in connection with your booking and the Contract shall be held and processed by us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR.
13.1. This agreement is the entire agreement between the person booking and Cycle Britain Ltd
13.2. By booking you consent to our use of any image of you taken on any of our trips without charge in all media for promotional materials including brochures, videos and the internet.
13.3. A person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract. It does not affect any right of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act
Document reviewed on 15th April 2021 by Cycle Britain Director (Alan Little)